Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pumpkin

"I hate this time of year with all the pumpkins and fall colors and chill in the wind," said someone I work with. I couldn't disagree more: October is actually one of my favorite months until April comes. I love rusts and oranges at this time of the year - I find it relaxing to wear the colors of nature and seasons when you live in an urban environment.

Today I am wearing RL Purple Label red socks, 90% cotton, 10% nylon and made in Italy. I bought them at the Mansion yesterday after work. I was helped by an awesome salesperson who showed me things they did not have on display. It makes me proud to work here, even if I can only afford socks! I had just thrown away a pair of J. Crew red cashmere socks that lasted for three years, and these are the same shade of bright holiday red.

This is one of my favorite Hermes ties, showing labrador puppies playing with red balls. I think I bought this one in 1998 in the San Francisco store. The orange is perfect and I it always gets compliments.

An American Living dark blue gingham shirt. It has an "easy care" finish which would be a no-no in RL product but for the JCP customer it is a must. I personally love not having to iron this shirt.

Banana Republic silk & wool zip pullover. I was attracted to the spicy caramel color. I think it is two years old and it has held pretty well, although I only wear it at this time of the year.
After a couple of weeks of doing these sketches I am thoroughly enjoying the process. My sketching had been so rusty and this helps me get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment