Monday, October 12, 2009

Lavender & Grey

Continuing my love affair with lavender and purple this season, here is a new Polo RL cable knit sweater in 90% merino wool and 10% angora. I bought a similar quality two years ago in a light spruce green color. It has held well with minor pilling. I love this color even though it is deeper than what I wanted.
These Polo grey corduroys are two years old and I purchased them at the outlet. Personally, I like the corduroy quality better at the regular stores. I was wearing them on weekends only but when I saw how well they went with the lavender sweater, I moved them to my weekday wardrobe.This Banana Republic belt must be 10 years old. It is too narrow for today's fashions, but I love the saddle stitch - meant probably as another Hermes knock off.

Gap light pink knit boxers. These are looser than the boxer briefs and have become so soft that I hate to part with them. They are part of the collection I wrote about, which was made in mercerized cotton in all the colors of the rainbow, launched around 2001 or 2002. The t-shirts I bought as part of this collection are still in amazing shape. Oh Gap, what ever happened to you?

Light grey H&M cotton socks, the type that come three in a pack for $8 or so. They hold up well for a couple of years although the elastic stretches after a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment