Thursday, October 15, 2009

Aqua & Grey

Last night I went on a RL shopping spree to lift my spirits. I first stopped at the West Broadway store in SoHo. They always have a great selection and I love the loft-like space.

I instantly fell in love with this cotton car coat, especially with the leather details and the tattersall lining. This will probably be my largest purchase of winter, but I expect it to last for a couple of decades.
Then I walked to the Bleecker store, which is my second favorite because it is devoted to men. I was looking for corduroys but did not find the ones I wanted, which are thick, velvety, and with thicker whales. But I noticed this v-neck pullover in a lovely shade of aqua. It looked familiar to me and when I got home I realized why: I have exactly the same color in a sweater I bought at Monoprix a couple of years ago ("Derby" brand), with a crew collar and saddle shoulders. So sadly my RL sweater will have to go back to the store. They had the same sweater in orange and yellow.

My trousers are by Banana Republic, "Dawson," and they are 5+ years old. I guess it is time for these to be put away because I was told at work today that all my pants are too baggy. It is true that the cut of men's pants has changed significantly towards a narrower leg... and even though these are waist size 31 they do look big on me. Part of me wants to be a rebel and wear baggy pants in order to go against the grain, but when something does not look flattering it is time to move with the times...

No comments:

Post a Comment