Monday, October 19, 2009

Horsey

On Friday, someone at work said I looked so Polo with my Adirondacks outfit. It made me laugh because I always admire the guys who work in apparel and put so much time and effort in assembling their outfits. They put layer upon layer upon layer. On Friday I was layering the ombre plaid with a vintage Woolrich red & black plaid coat.

Today I am wearing typical Polo again but not as multilayered as the apparel guys, heh heh.
I am starting with an Hermes cashmere scarf in the signature "Hermes Rouge" color. I am not very happy with the way the cashmere has become fluffy, although it has not pilled at all. It is made in Scotland - I wonder if at Loch Erin.


Polo RL orange wool socks from last year. I am wearing ankle boots so they will be hidden, but it is so cold outside that I need wool today. I really like this shade of orange.

A Rugby military green cowl neck sweater. The cowl neck trend seems to be alive and well this season, so I am not putting this one away. In case you are wondering, my shirt is a brown tattersall button down from Forever21 (Heritage 1981) and my pants are the same moleskin jeans I wore on Friday. The jacket is Polo, reversible with a houndstooth one one side and solid khaki cotton twill on the other. I didn't have time on Sunday night to sketch everything.  I was also going to draw today's entry with watercolors but I prefer to add color on the computer, and I think I will stick to one illustrating style for the duration of this project.


Finally, a RL D-ring belt. I don't usually like gold, I prefer nickel but the gold of these rings goes with the warmth of the other colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment