Wednesday, October 7, 2009

October Country

It is a warmer day than I expected, humid and windy.
The humidity made me justify extending the linen season a bit longer.
This is a J. Crew Irish linen shirt, which was too soft for my taste at the beginning, but subsequent washings have removed the softener. I bought a navy linen shirt from J. Crew several years ago and it has held amazingly well. This grey shirt is a bit sad and military (perhaps that is why it was marked down to $14) but I like it for fall.
The belt is from Banana Republic from several years ago. The buckle is a blatant Hermes knock off. In fact, I was somewhat embarrassed to be wearing it at the Hermes Fabourg St. Honore store last year when I bought a belt. The attendant gingerly removed it from my waist and did not say anything as he put on me the new belt I was about to purchase, but I know what he was thinking. I am surprised I was not prosecuted for wearing it given France's counterfeit laws!

The jeans are from Rugby and they are somewhat stiff, which I like. The waist is higher than what is trendy right now but it makes my legs look longer.

This pair of socks is the last thing I bought at Banana Republic, and that was a couple of years ago. They are a nice rusty pumpkin color.

I wish I had had time to sketch my chocolate brown RRL toggle coat, my John Lobb knock off double monkstrap shoes, and my burgundy Monoprix linen scarf, but that will have to wait until another entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment