Friday, October 2, 2009

Grey & Brown

Some of my favorite combinations are lavender and brown, camel and grey, and brown and grey. I chose grey & brown today.

H&M charcoal grey button-down shirt. It is very slightly heathered. A steal at $19.99. The cut is very fitted and modern.
A pair of Banana Republic dark grey-brown wool trousers circa 2002. Everyone seemed to be wearing these pants back then. The fit is a bit too roomy for today's standards but I love the color, so I have not been able to part with these, but after wearing them today I did not like how they looked, a bit too loose and frumpy.This is a pair of socks I bought at Century 21 in early 2001. They were a French brand I don't remember and I have not seen since; but they have held up amazingly well with no holes whatsoever. I have not been back to Century 21 since 9/11, but I wonder if they still carry this line.On the left, black underwear from C&A. I have been wearing their underwear since 1988 and it is quite durable. I bought this pair at the Paris store three years ago.

On the right, a Polo RL heathered charcoal grey wool jacket, shown from the back. I bought this at the San Francisco store in 1997. It has held up pretty well and the style is classic and never goes out of style.
A black belt. I don't remember if it is Calvin Klein or if I bought it at Marshall's several years ago. It has held well, and I like the brushed nickel buckle.

This Movado white-face watch was given to me as a graduation gift in 1991 by a jeweler friend of my grandparents. The original strap was white lizard. I have always suspected he gave it to me because it didn't sell and was left over inventory!
Several years ago I changed the strap to black, and it made all the difference in the world. I had this watch in a drawer for years until I found it last week and took it to Tourneau to have the battery replaced. I thought the Movado store in Rockefeller Center had closed but I just found out it's still there.











No comments:

Post a Comment