Thursday, October 8, 2009

October Country II


This is the short lived season to wear my favorite RL corduroys in burnt orange. The quality of the corduroy is almost like velvet, the buttons are corozo, and the fit is not too baggy. I think I bought these two years ago at the Bleecker St. store. I love to pair them with a deep plum sweater I am not showing here.I wore a RL Purple Label French-cuff shirt, white ground with lavender stripes. I like the fit from Black Label shirts better, which is more fitted, but this is good compared to the Polo line.
The socks are also Polo in pastel yellow.
I am still a fan of Gap boxer briefs, they are probably the only thing I ever buy at the Gap anymore. The fit is great and they can last up to a decade.

On occasion I wear my Hermes "L'heure H" watch. I bought it in 1998 when Hermes was on 57th St. The original "courchevel" leather strap was brown, which later I substituted with "blue jean" and further to "rouge Hermes" to come back to a cognac brown last year.
The face has no scratches but the stainless steel "H" frame does. I like it this way, showing its age.

No comments:

Post a Comment