Monday, November 23, 2009

RRL Coat

I am suffering through a bad cold and my pen tablet is not working, and yet here are the latest sketches.
This is a white & black pinstripe shirt from Forever 21, from 2 seasons ago. I paid practically nothing for it and it's still going (I wash it in the delicates cycle though).
I paired it with a tan corduroy vest from... Old Navy. Yikes, right? But it was actually very well made, from three seasons ago I think, when they were trying to go into a different direction to compete with H&M a little.   I am not one to freely mix black and brown, but it works when you are evoking a bit of a "Wild West" look, for which RRL is so well known.


This is one of my favorite coats: a RRL brown wool toggle coat. I bought it at the RL San Francisco store in 1997 or 1998 without knowing that one day I would end up working for the man himself. It never goes out of style and it is a more relaxed take on your classic preppy toggle coat. It is the length of a car coat and does not have a hood. Those coats are way too preppy for me and always make me think of "My Bloody Valentine" starring Melissa Gilbert back when in the 80's.

No comments:

Post a Comment