Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I don't know where I found the focus to sketch last night. I went to Tartine for dinner with friends in the West Village. Because it is BYOB, I always tend to drink too much. Lisa brought a bottle of Domaine Tempier rose - it is late in the season but it was warm enough last night for a rose in November, fancy that. I brought a 1999 burgundy Hautes Cotes de Nuits, which I was saving for a special occasion. It aged so well. The taste was a bit spicy, with a very faint hint of oak, a bit alcoholic, but it tasted expensive.

I started a new sketchbook last night, this time focusing on compositions. Here is most of my outfit today: a Forever 21 tattersall button down shirt, Polo RL moleskin pants (my favorite clothing item this season), H&M socks and C&A underwear.
I was going to add color to this drawing but my instinct tells me to leave it as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment