Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Purple Gingham

I feel my sketching was in better shape last night, perhaps I was too tired the other day. I will never be Ingres, but these drawings reflect my "hand," even if they are recolored in Photoshop.

I was going to wear this polka dot tie (vintage) with an H&M purple gingham shirt, but ditched the tie because it looked too thick and wide with the skinny fit of the shirt.

The socks are from H&M but they were too warm so I ended up not wearing them. The underwear is from C&A, my fave.

And the sweater is a wool/acrylic blend from Old Navy. It is nicer than it sounds and I love the light grey heathered color. It has held up well and not pilled. I haven't visited Old Navy in a long time, I don't like their quality.

I am three pages away from filling an entire pocket-sized Moleskine sketchbook with drawings. For the next sketchbook I am thinking of drawing compositions of two or more items of clothing together. I don't know how long I will continue this sketch project, but I am thinking that when this is over, I will start sketching everything I eat at home: for example, an egg, a vegetable, etc., moving on to finished dishes? I will call that blog "Foodsketch."

No comments:

Post a Comment